Friday, February 8, 2013

horse and raven

HORSE AND RAVEN 
A horse saw flying up in the air a large raven. He said, “Oh, how I wish I could fly. Instead I have to pull this  heavy plow and the farmer always yells at me.” The raven said, “Ah my friend, what out what you wish for because my life is not as wonderful as you think it is. Still, I would gladly trade with you.” Suddenly, there was a flash of light and they did swap. The horse did enjoy flying in the air. Also, there were plenty of fields with grain. He caught bugs in the air. At the end of the day he roosted with other birds and they talked about all the great times they were having, but summer drew short and there was a chill in the air. Finally a cold winter came. There was a lot of snow. Sadly, those wonderful days of summer were now a memory. His friends had trouble finding food as there was none. They told him that they were living on road kills now. The former horse was forced pick at the rotting bodies of other creatures and he wanted to throw up. Then he flew back to his old barn were it was so warm. The horse was eating sweet clover hay and seemed full of joy. Looking up, the horse asked, “My friend, you can fly, so why are you so sad now?“ Raven replied, “Oh, I wish I was a horse again!” The moral is - watch out what you wish for, because you might get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment